- The Library user shall not engage in audible conversation in any part of the Library;
- A person shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the Library;
- A person responsible for any damage caused by him / her to the books or any other property belonging to the Library, shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon him/her by the Librarian;
- The Security Guard at the Library gate will check all personal belongings including Library books issued to a member;
- Personal book(s) shall not be allowed inside the Library. Please leave them at the Property Counter;
- Use of mobile phone in the Library is prohibited;
- The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books;
- Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the library is prohibited.
- Photography is not allowed; and
- Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of mis-behaviour with the Library staff or for indecent manners.